The wilfman cometh

Saturday 15 December 2007

Sky News - The first for irrelevant, inconsequential news.

Sky News is among the sites that I visit quite frequently when I've nothing better to do. Way back in the day when I watched TV, Sky News was the default channel, so I said.."Hey why not take a look at their website".

To be fair, its a reasonably good site and has improved since adopting a new look incorporating more video content over the past 4-5 months.

But what consistently pisses me off is the frequency with which they not just feature but lead with matters relating to the English Premiership and other ridiculous non-stories (and I'm not saying that the English Premiership is a ridiculous non-story)

I can understand the English Premiership stories due to Sky's commercial interests but leading with stories such as this one about a Chinese girl undergoing surgery to remove a third arm is beginning to grate.

I feel compelled to offer more evidence but none immediately comes to mind; which to a certain extent proves my point of sorts; that these stories are irrelevant and imminently forgettable.

But anyway....I need to find an alternative news site.

No comments: